Regan and I Are a Family!!

Shepherd, Regan, and I Are a Family!!!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Girly Girl


Have I ever mentioned that my little girl is quite a contradiction? She is both a tomboy and a girly girl. She has no fear and will dive into any situation that strikes her fancy (usually something totally inappropriate!!!). On the other hand, she is such a girl girl and loves to play dress up, get new clothes, she LOVES shoes, and likes getting into my make-up and putting it on. I had mentioned that she loves to put on Konnor's underwear and wearing it around and last night she put on my bra (sorry if that is too much information!!!). I was impressed that she had it on correctly!!! She just needed a little assistance with hooking the back :) Her new thing is to put my hair things on her arms as "bracelets". She got into the bathroom cabinet and hit pay dirt. She found an entire package of ponytail holders and voila! Instant glamour girl! Now, if only I could get her to sit still so that I could give her a nice haircut that frames her face instead of hanging all over the front of it!


On another note, Konnor is loving school. I am amazed at the amount of homework that is required. I don't know if it is because he is in the advanced class or if this is typical. They are already doing AR and homework pages everynight as well as extra stuff. I'm not sure I agree with the amount of homework and I am fearful that if it gets difficult Konnor will shut down. He has no self esteem and if he thinks he isn't going to be successful at something, he won't try. It is good he is one of the older in the class with a September 3rd birthday (two days past the cut-off), he did alot of maturing last year and so far it is working for him. He loves to learn and he is his usual enthusiastic self!


Regan is doing well in daycare. The first few days were a breeze. She waltzed in without a whimper and pretty much had nothing to do with me, she was busy playing. On Thursday, it hit home. She has been crying every time I have to drop her off. Ms. Vivian assures me it doesn't last too long and it probably doesn't. She is very excited to go to school and jumps and waves and claps, but when I get ready to go it is a different story. I should have known she would have this delayed reaction. She was like this in China. The first couple of days were a breeze. I was patting myself on the back and thinking how easy it was all going. She was smiling from the moment they put her in my arms. She was so happy to get attention. About four days after Gotcha Day, it all hit the fan! It's like she gets it that this isn't just a small interlude, but is going to repeat itself everyday! I am pleased that she loves the kids and the toys and she waves bye to the playground everyday! I'm sure she'll grow to absolutely love it!

No comments: