Regan and I Are a Family!!

Shepherd, Regan, and I Are a Family!!!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

The 5 Second Rule


Marmie helping himself to a drink from the sink. Now, that's a big boy! He has been awesome for helping Regan work on her coordination. She can really do quite the acrobats to get out of his way when he is coming towards her ;)

Okay, you know the "five second rule" for food? I have now applied it to Regan. In Yunnie's case, it goes like this: If you turn your back for 5 seconds/Regan is quiet for 5 seconds/you don't have her in your direct line of sight for five seconds/etc you know Regan is into or upto something! I made the mistake of cleaning the bathroom where she could see me. The mistake wasn't necessarily cleaning the bathroom, it was standing on the toilet to reach the top of the cupboard above the toilet. Now, everytime Regan is in the bathroom, she is getting on the toilet. She left the bedroom for five seconds and when I turned the corner, there she was on the toilet!


Her biggest accomplishment this week was getting a "big girl" bed! As everyone knows, sleeping is a HUGE problem! Every night she still gets up crying 1-6 times. I then have to hold her and talk to her and she'll go back to sleep (unless she is having her numerous nightmares and then it might be several hours before she goes back to sleep!). Needless to say quality of sleep is not happening in our house. The big news is that she is now taking her naps in her toddler bed! Yeah! This is a huge step from where I would have to lie down with her to get her to take a nap. The bed is in my room and she has to see me and as long as I"m not doing anything too exciting, she'll nap. I usually go sit on the couch and she can see me from her bed. I don't think one more piece of furniture can fit in my bedroom! Oh, well, she is sleeping and that is what counts. Like I say, it is not the end of the world if she has to sleep with me. The world isn't going to fall off of it's axis despite what people will try to tell you about letting kids sleep in your bed. They haven't met Yunnie and all of her issues! I'm just so pleased she has relaxed enough to take a nap without me there! On Monday, I go back to work in the schools, so we'll see how that throws things.


Regan is now saying a couple more words. She will call "where are you"? That comes from hearing it directed at her about 50 times a day when I don't see her in my direct line of sight (refer to above ; ) ). She tells the dogs to "move" or "go". She calls Konnor, KaKa. If she wants attention drawn to herself she'll yell her own name "Yun Cakie". Usually this is when I am eating something and she wants it . She is like a bloodhound when it comes to food and she'll come from the other side of the house when she catches a scent! She'll say "oh, really". She says, "I don't know" and shrug her shoulders. She now knows what fingers are. So, in body parts she knows feet, bellybutton, fingers, teeth, and rear end. She'll say "ahhh" and open her mouth to show teeth. She now has four more coming in. She tries to snap her fingers. I wish I had a picture of this, but we went out to eat last night and we had to wait a few minutes. We were outside and there was a man leaning against the wall. Regan went up to him, studied him and copied his exact pose. Leaning on the wall, arms out on a ledge and feet crossed. It was the funniest thing. Everytime he would move, she would copy him. He didn't even know she was there which made it even funnier. I was so bummed I didn't have my camera!
I got my first Squish. Click on the 100 Good Wishes Link to see them!

No comments: