Regan and I Are a Family!!

Shepherd, Regan, and I Are a Family!!!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

1-2-3 Sign with Me

I just had to tell everyone about this awesome program. It is being taught by my friend, Tricia. Tricia works at one of the elementary schools that I work with and she is an AWESOME teacher! It just so happens, we met while we were both waiting for The Call! Her daughter Maia is just the cutest thing! You have to check out Maia's dimples! We ended up in China at overlapping times, but didn't get to see each other :( . Anyway, she has started teaching classes in KinderSigns. I think it is an awesome idea. Working as a physical therapist in the school system, I hear speech therapists encouraging the use of sign language in conjunction with the spoken word. Among many other benefits, it decreases the toddler's frustration with getting their wants and needs across to adults. Before they are developmentally ready to talk, they can begin using signs to communicate! Anyway, please visit her website and she can tell you a whole lot more about KinderSigns!

http://www.freewebs.com/123signwithme/

I'll also have the website listed under my "links" section!

No comments: