Monday, June 13, 2011
Monday, May 02, 2011
Kenz at All the Weigh has a answer and question session every Monday. This week's post is about bookworms!!!! I LOVE reading!! Because it is more and more difficult to read at home seeing as how I have two five year olds under foot and because I travel alot for my job, I have discovered the beauty of the audio book. LOVE. Anyway, onto the questions:
1. How often do you read? If I had my way, I would read everyday. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen so I get to read 4-5 times per week. I also listen to audiobooks and we visit the library so often (4-5X week) that the librarians know my kids' and nephew's names.
2) What's the last book you read and loved? River Marked by Patricia Briggs. I love this entire series:)
3) What book(s) are you currently reading? One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost. I've already read it before, but I wanted to reread the first couple of books again before I move onto books I have yet to read later in the series.
4) Share a few of your favorite authors. My 4th grade teacher introduced me to Laura Ingalls Wilder and she is my absolute favorite author of all time. I love that era of time. I love the tv shows, movies, books, etc the revolve around Laura. My more recent author loves are JK Rowling (Harry Potter books 1-5), Carrie Vaughn, Patricia Briggs, Charlaine Harris, Jeaniene Frost, Kelley Armstrong and Kim Harrison.
5) What's next on your list of must-reads? I am trying a new author, Nalini Singh. She is another urban fantasy author I have heard tells an interesting tale.
Link up at All the Weigh and see what other bookworms are reading!!!!!
Thursday, April 28, 2011
It gets even better. For some reason, Elvis came down the stage, through the VIP section (yes, there is such a thing at the state fair impersonator contest ....these people don't mess around:) ) and through the front section right to Regan. He then held her hand and talked to her and then proceeded singing to her! Oh. My. Gosh. I thought Regan was going to pass out!!!!! He then went back on stage and finished his show!!! I have no idea why she caught his attention in that sea of people, but she did!!! I of course, had my camera on the wrong setting and did not get a good picture:(
Sunday, April 17, 2011
When I was putting on my bathing suit to get ready today he asked me to please let him go and promised me he wouldn't cry anymore when we were there. I allowed him to go and he didn't cry and we all had a great time. I know that not everyone agrees with how I deal with his behaviors because not everyone sees these behaviors, but I do what I have to because otherwise he would be out of control. Like my mom says, better to deal with it when they are five years old versus 15 years old. I imagine we will have no more issues with tantrums at SunSplash;)
On really big, big news......Regan learned to swim by herself today!!!! She swims about 2 feet, but she does it all by herself!!! She told me that she was getting big and going into kindergarten and she felt she could learn to swim. So she did!!!! She is my Swim Bop!!!
Shepherd realized that she was getting such attention for learning to swim and so he got brave and tried to swim and then tried to open his eyes underwater. Peer pressure can be a good thing;) I hope the lesson learned is that it is rewarding to earn positive praise.
We also saw the Easter Bunny! Our church had their annual Lenten Party with an Easter Egg hunt, games and crafts. Shepherd really got it this year and loved every minute. Regan loved doing the crafts. Konnor almost thought he was too old for an Easter Egg hunt except he really wanted candy;) We then went down to Bass Pro Shops to see the Bunny. It was so cute, they had an ongoing Easter Egg hunt going on through the store. The kids loved it!! It was a great weekend!
With my news, I have completed Week 5 of the Couch to 5K. I just jogged twenty minutes straight! I love this program. Never in a million years would I have thought that I could do any physical activity for 20 minutes. I really, really struggled in the beginning and although I am not fast by any stretch of the imagination it feels good to get out there and exercise.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Saturday, April 02, 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
We had to sit in the back so that Regan could get her groove on. She had her signs all ready and Elvis actually came back to talk to her and tell her that he loves her! She was shell shocked that her idol came to talk to her and she talks about it all the time!!! The videos are of Regan at last year's extravaganza. We went to both "concerts" at her insistence!! :)
Sunday, February 06, 2011
I have no clue how to do buttonholes on my machine and so I sewed on faux buttons and just added velcro to close the straps. Next week when my grandmother comes down for a visit she is going to teach me how to do buttonholes:)
My grandmother bought Regan a sewing machine because Regan wants to learn to sew REALLY bad!!! She has been "sewing" for hours!!!
My mom also likes chickens and so I sewed for her a sewing machine cover using this tutorial. I have ribbon ties on both sides instead of a fabric strap. The sewing machine organizer thing is from this tutorial on Hoy Joyful. Super cute and easy!! I chose not to make the pincushion, but it turned out cute even without the cushion!
(And yes, I do sew on a tray table. One of these days I'll be able to invest in a real sewing table:) )
Another note: Regan dressed herself:)
Saturday, January 01, 2011
Don't you love it when great things just fall into your lap?!?!?