Regan and I Are a Family!!

Shepherd, Regan, and I Are a Family!!!

Friday, September 07, 2007

Konnor is the Big 6!!

I finally had had enough of Regan's hair hanging in her face. I took a pair of scissors and decided that if I totally butchered her hair, it would as least grow back. Not an easy task to cut the hair of a 19 month old who never sits still. My strategy was to cut a piece everytime she would walk by me! My mom is always trying to convince me to leave it down. She likes it better down, I like it better in pigtails. At least now, she can have it down without looking like a ragmuffin!
Konnor and Jason in their fishing outfits.
Fishing off the pier. You can't really see it, but Regan is crying hysterically! She hates these giant people and critters who always want to take their picture with her!
Regan doing one of the things that she does best...... talking on the phone! (Please ignore the mismatched outfit, we were "bumming around" at home! ) Notice she is all dolled up with her "bracelet" on.


We had a very busy week this past week. On Saturday, Jason (my brother) signed he and Konnor up for a fishing tournament being hosted by McDonald's. All proceeds go to benefit the Ronald McDonald House. It was an awesome event! It was a $20 dollar registration fee and it included a fishing rod, tackle box, t-shirt, trophey and lunch. Konnor had a great time! It was the beginning of his birthday celebration.




On Sunday, we had a cake that my brother made and then Konnor's mom picked him up because she wanted to have him for his birthday. We don't mind, because we almost never celebrate on the official day. Regan's birthday was celebrated 6 months late! The birthday celebration justs keeps going!




On Monday September 3rd, Konnor turned 6!!!!!



On Wednesday, I had an appointment with our adoption social worker to complete Regan's second post placement visit. I tried mowing the lawn on Tuesday, but of course my lawnmower broke a belt. I told Jennifer my disclaimer was that I tried, but don't judge me on the grass! I hate yardwork. Despite the yard tribulations, it was nice to catch up with Jennifer. She had a new referral to deliver to a family and she was driving to meet them after our appointment. How exciting! I will never, ever forget the excitement of Regan's referral and I am so happy for everyone experiencing that wonderful emotion! Jennifer and I sat and talked while we completed Regan's paperwork and we did some extra paperwork while Jennifer was here ;)


Thursday was not such a good day. I attended a memorial funeral for a little 5 year old little boy. Please keep Amy, Jimmy, and their family in your prayers as they mourn the loss of their five year old son. As unbelievable as it is, this is the second child that they have lost. I am devastated. I saw him for therapy from the time he was 8 months old until he was almost 4. For over two years, I was at their house 2-3 times per week. Tyler was the most awesome little boy. He would smile at the sound of your voice and even when he was fighting seizures, aspiration fears, and various other medical concerns, he would give the most amazing smile and laugh. It makes you come home and hug your own baby that much tighter.



No comments: