Regan and I Are a Family!!

Shepherd, Regan, and I Are a Family!!!

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Skinny Minnie


Regan had her 12 month doctor's appointment. Yes, her 12 month. We are behind because of her hospitalization. The good news is that we got to use the Well Child Entrance for only the 2nd time! We were pretty excited. The bad news is that Regan had to get three immunizations and we have another appointment in two weeks. Yunnie is still not able to get her MMR shot because she isn't getting any live vaccines until her immune system blood work comes back. Dr. Jones wants her to get all of the tests so I guess we are going to get more blood sucked out of her later. The other bad news is that Dr. Jones is very concerned about her weight. She has lost a 1/2 a pound since her last physical (1/2/07). So, three months later, she not only has not gained weight, but lost it. She lost over two pounds while she was in the hospital so I think that is her problem, but Dr. Jones was acting really worried. So we have to come back and get weighed in two weeks and then on and on if he isn't satisfied with her weight gain. She currently weighs 19 lbs and is 29.5 inches. Back in January, she was 28.25 inches and weighed 19.8 lbs.


After her doctor's appointment I had to race to a work meeting and my mom watched Regan on her lunch break. My brother than came to my mom's work and watched her. He had just gotten to my mom's when my meeting was over so I felt bad he was woken up for nothing. He is now working nights 11pm -7am, so we really messed up his schedule today.


For Regan's dinner we took her to one of her favorite restaurants: Popeyes. She LOVES fried chicken. She will eat a thigh and a leg in one sitting with all of the sides. That is why I'm amazed she hasn't gained weight. The kid can eat! Today she hardly ate anything, she just wasn't feeling well. She came home and had some sweet potatoes and pudding. We are now both going to crash because the last two nights she has been up several times each night fussing and crying. I think she may be having nightmares because it hasn't been because of hunger. Needless to say, we are having an early night tonight!

No comments: