Regan and I Are a Family!!

Shepherd, Regan, and I Are a Family!!!

Monday, January 07, 2008

The End of Winter Break

My little poser with her "if I smile will you put the camera away?" smile.

Feeding the ducks with Ms. Amanda
Worn out
Konnor got his haircut and is starting to develop very definite opinions about how it should look. He wanted it to "stick straight up and be pokey". Wish us luck, if he is this into hair at 6 how is it going to be when he is 16?!?!

Sadly, winter break came to an end. It was soooooo hard to go back to work today. I could so easily be a stay at home mom, but considering my income is the only income, I don't guess that will happen any time soon! We had the best time. Our last hoorah was going to the Naples Zoo with a teacher friend of mine and her daughter and her friend and her friend's two children. It was a lot of fun and we had a great time. I can't post most of my pictures because it shows their faces (I didn't ask permission) but, trust me, they are cute kids!!!

Unfortunately, Regan is having a hard time adjusting to going back to 'cool' and 'Vivi' (Ms. Vivian). She was glad to go back, but is obviously feeling very clingy to me tonight. It took me 1.5 hours to get her to bed and it was a down right screaming hissy fit for that entire time. She just kept climbing out of bed and I would repeatedly put her back in. She is getting very creative with her diversionary tactics and I am ashamed to admit it but I fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book: About 30 minutes into our screamfest, she started grabbing her bottom and yelling "potty, mommy, pwee, potty, mommy, pwee". (Pwee traslates to please in Yunnie talk). So, gullible me, ran her to the bathroom just to have her enjoy some time on the seat and knowing she just fooled her mommy. I am very proud to say that the next time she tried that particular tactic, I held my ground and did not fall for her tricks;) Our schedule was absolutely out the window this vacation and more times than not I was laying down with her to get her to nap at my mom's house or just going to bed with her because we were so late getting to bed. Well........she is not too happy with having to go to bed without me laying beside her. Now it is time for me to go to bed and the opposite of Regan, I actually start my kicking and screaming when it it time to get out of bed!

No comments: