Regan and I Are a Family!!

Shepherd, Regan, and I Are a Family!!!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just Going for a Stroll

Heading to the movies. Notice her "collection". She has to bring several things with her whereever she goes. She will systematically collect her things on the way out the door.
Mommy, where are you going? Below is a picture of last year at the movies. Haven't they grown?!?

Do you ever have those moments or experiences where nature just tickles you and you are amazed at what you are seeing?


I do and I had one of those moments today. I was heading home and had to stop in the middle of the road because there were about 10 of these slimy things wiggling around and trying to cross the road. I have never seen anything like it so I stopped to take a picture. They are walking catfish! I guess because of the TORRENTIAL rains we have had that they decided to go out for a stroll and see more of the world. The pictures don't do it justice but just imagine a group of these things "walking" down the road while enjoying the day!


We had a busy day today going to one of the free movies at the movie theatre. We watched The Bee Movie. It was pretty cute. We then ate a quick lunch and Regan had a really quick nap. Then we headed to the library for their program. We went grocery shopping and then headed back to the library for Family Storytime.


I wasn't sure how Regan was going to behave during the movie and she did really good. Not so good during story time. We are REALLY working on Regan sitting still, listening, and not touching. The touching thing she does really drives me nuts!!! She can't keep her hands off of things and we go over it ad nauseum! Grocery shopping is not a good thing. We are going to be going to story time on a regular basis so that she learns and is exposed to a situation where she needs to sit and listen. Hopefully it will rub off and she'll learn before she hits puberty;)

2 comments:

mommy of 2 said...

I'm sure she's better at preschool for listening time than with you - they always are! I know mine are so much better when I'm not there :) The "joys" of motherhood!
Kerri

Ashley Winters said...

Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. Glad to have found your blog.