Regan and I Are a Family!!

Shepherd, Regan, and I Are a Family!!!

Monday, February 25, 2008

Help!! I'm Sinking!





Do you ever have that horrible feeling that you are sinking under a pile of things that needs to get done, that your house and appliances are playing tricks on you and laughing behind your back, and you just keep going under and under and under?!?!?

I have really felt that way for the past two weeks. About two months ago I gave in and got a second job working at an outpatient therapy clinic. The kids have been cute, the parents sane, and it has been better than when I was practically paying the newspaper to get the pleasure of spending hours in the sweltering heat bagging and throwing papers. In the past two weeks, I had to get Donald the cat spayed. Then my refrigerator decided to defrost and flood my kitchen floor. Then my internet went down for several days. My car who just celebrated it's 6th birthday with 167,000 miles has decided that it is going to get tempermental and only start when it wants to. Nothing like a little rush of excitement wondering if you are going to be stranded somewhere until your car decides that it will indeed turn over. I have spent two weekends at continuing ed courses that have been less than stimulating and have eaten up my weekends. My refrigerator decided to start working again and then promptly stopped working a second time right after I had bought some groceries to put inside of it. The final straw was last night when in the middle of a load of laundry my water suddenly stopped. I thought it was my washer and after pulling it apart, disconnecting the hoses to clean the little filters, then trying to clean out the hose I went into the kitchen to wash my hands. Dork that I am, I never thought it was a well problem until I realized that NONE of the water in my house was flowing. At this point it is about 1 in the morning and I wander outside with a flashlight to find that my water pressure system had imploded on itself. Not a good sign. I have never realized how much I use water until it is gone! At about 2 AM, I jimmy rig the pressure pump so that at least I have a trickle of water coming into the house. I guess it could be worse and I could have been in the shower with a soapy head of hair when it decided to stop! Oh, and on top of it all.....Regan has decided that this past week has been the time to pull out of her bag of tricks the most amazing temper tantrums with full blown body contorsions, foot stomping, hand slapping and the most annoying (like fingernails on a chalkboard) squealing and shrieking. I jinxed myself years ago when I would see kids misbehaving and saying that when I had kids, they would never misbehave like that! Why is it that they always wait until we are in public and it is even better when it is in a nice quiet place like the library?!?! Needless to say, we have taken many a trip to the car to discuss her behavior. This is a phase, right?!?!? Please, pretty please, tell me this phase will pass......and pass quickly!! Tonight, I got to go shopping........at Home Depot to spend $130 on a pressure pump. Nobody can tell me I don't know how to have a good time! I am not going to attempt to install it in the dark with a two year old alone in the house so wish me luck that I have a successful shower. If you see me tomorrow and my hair looks a little soapy, you'll know I didn't have the patience to sit for hours under the drip of my shower trying to rinse my hair!

2 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

Becky, so sorry you have had a bad few weeks. Hope things start looking up for you, hang in there and hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

girl, you need to call me and go to the beach with me and Amanda and the kids on Saturday! I thought I was having a bad week when my washing machine went out and Olivia decided to bite TWICE at school yesterday (we've been bite free for 5 months!). Shoot me an email at school or give me a call!