Regan and I Are a Family!!

Shepherd, Regan, and I Are a Family!!!

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Lots of Fun!

I'll have to post again later about our trip yesterday to Islands of Adventure, but first, I have to update on our last week's adventures! On Thursday night, Konnor got inducted into the Scholar's Club at Trafalgar Elementary. He was so excited! We are very proud of him!

On Saturday, we participated in the Cape Coral Park's and Rec Bike Hike. It was a blast! It was Konnor's first time being able to ride his bike a significant distance without training wheels. I have to admit that we had been a bit lax in taking the time to have him practice riding his bike without training wheels and so he just learned how to ride on two wheels. He wanted to ride his bike to school in the mornings and I had told him he couldn't ride a bike with training wheels to kindergarten. He then pestered me to teach him to ride without training wheels so he could ride to school. A couple of months ago I took off the training wheels and he learned after a couple of afternoons of practice to ride without them. His big reward was to ride his bike to school a couple of days a week (with Yunnie and I walking beside him) and we signed up for the bike hike. The bike hike started at Cape Coral Yacht Club and we rode to Four Freedom's park where there was a finish line, water, and decorations for the bikes. We hung out for 45 minutes or so and then they closed off the roads again and we rode back to the Yacht Club. It was alot of fun!!


No comments: