Regan and I Are a Family!!

Shepherd, Regan, and I Are a Family!!!

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Regan's First Thanksgiving!





Regan loved her first Thanksgiving! My grandparents and my aunt, uncle, and cousin came down and we had a blast! I have to back track a little and tell a story that happened at a Chinese restaurant.

We went on Tuesday night, because my mom and I just couldn't bear the thought of cooking. We went in and ate and then while we waited for Konnor to finish my ice cream, we played with Regan and her doll. My back was to the door, but my mom said there were several of the employees who were laughing at Regan and her make believe with her doll. We have gone to this particular Chinese restaurant a couple of times before and they have never reacted to Regan being Chinese (unlike the other restaurant where they all try to hold her). So, we ate our meal and on they way out there were four or five workers sitting at a table. They stopped and wanted to chit chat, asking about Regan, how old she is, how long she has been in the US, where she was born, etc, etc. After a couple of minutes, several more employees came out to talk with Regan. In the end, the boss had picked out a toy for her and one of the men presented her with a stuffed Santa. It was just so thoughtful! My mom had seen the man pick out the Santa, but didn't realize they were waiting for us to walk by to give it to Regan. How nice, and this particular man is always so strict looking, I didn't know he had such a soft inside! It was a nice start to the holiday!

Wednesday night, we had to hand bell in our church's Thanksgiving Eve service and my grandparents and Konnor watched Regan. They all had a great time! She is so loved and she reciprocates all that love!

On Thanksgiving, we ate lots of food! Regan wasn't that into the turkey, but she doesn't eat alot of meat anyway. She prefers fruits and vegetables and will eat her weight in cauliflower, green beans, corn on the cob, and cantaloupe. We then did lots of shopping, although we went late on Friday because I can not bear the thought of fighting crowds! My grandparents left on Saturday morning and we went Christmas tree shopping today.

Regan was not sure of the tree picking and when she is in a new situation, she has this very stoic look on her face and will not smile for anything. She also does this when she meets new people, and I have to swear that she really does know how to smile! The chainsaw kind of threw her for a loop and she didn't really care what tree we picked out!

No comments: