Regan and I Are a Family!!

Shepherd, Regan, and I Are a Family!!!

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Christmas and New Year's Resolutions

My uncle brought down a hand me down car for Regan to have...she loved it!!
Gift from my grandmother. Regan is in awe of her Barbie that is taller than she is!


Hard to open presents with a 150+ lb dog who insists on being in the middle of things.
A shepherd and his sheep.
Regan copying her idol, Ms. Claire.
I am so behind on posting!!! I have had a great couple of weeks off from the school district. I had to work several days at KidSpirit (pediatric outpatient clinic), but am glad that I have that tiny bit of income. My grandparents came down so we could celebrate Christmas on the 26th. We had a blast. We handmade alot of the gifts and I loved, loved, loved getting back to what Christmas is all about. One day I'll have it all together enough to post some pictures of the gifts. Regan and Konnor had parts in our church play. Regan was originally an angel, but got demoted down to a sheep since she tended to wander all over the stage. She was a perfect angel during practice, but when the actual event went down, she only wanted to be with Ms. Claire (children's director). She loves Ms. Claire and tries to copy everything she does.
Regan's obsession continues with Barbie and Elvis and so many of her presents reflected this obsession. Regan was thrilled yesterday that when we got to the library she got to check out an Elvis book. The book practically weighs more than she does and as it is an adult biography, has very little pictures, but she loves to "read" it. She sat and watched an Elvis biography that was on E! yesterday. I'm so puzzled by where this obsession came from as I have no Elvis music or anything collectible with Elvis, but as soon as she heard my mom's Elvis CD she was in love! It was also a banner day yesterday as You've Got Mail was on tv. This continues to be her favorite movie. I don't get it, but I go with it!!! Update: another Elvis show on today and You've Got Mail was on again! Regan was sooooo excited!
Okay....now for my New Year's Resolutions. I've never made them before, but this year I feel like there is a definite need for change.
  • Pay off some debt. I am so in debt it is scary, scary, scary. Work is declining during my outpatient evening job, so I'm really worried.
  • Lose some weight. Since Regan came home, I have been ridiculous with my weight gain. I'm going to put it out there so that maybe I will be more accountable: 30 lbs!!! It started with her hospitilization and eating junk food. Then it continued with stress and being busy. I also think it has something to do with the fact that I live alone. No one around and so I'm not accountable to anyone for what and how much I eat. It is no excuse, but let's face it, if another adult saw how much I ate then I probably wouldn't eat so much! All excuses, but I really need to do something about my weight, it is depressing. I want to be healthy for Regan and I have never been heavier. I am embarrassed to see anyone that I haven't seen in a while because I am so much heavier. Ugh! I have no money for new clothes, so I need to lose weight to fit in my closet full of clothes!
  • Be more patient. I am such a procrastinator, and yet I can also be very intense about getting things done. When I want something done, I want it done yesterday. I also want things done my way and so I have very little patience when it isn't done just so......I need to learn to let things go and not sweat the small stuff. Part of this is that I often have no time management skills and so I underestimate the time it will take to get something done or I just procrastinate so that it doesn't get done at all. I also need to realize that certain things take time (like weight loss!) and not to give up just because it takes longer than I want it to.
  • Keep my house picked up. I get so busy that it adds up and I spend my weekend cleaning.

I think that is it for now, I'm sure I'll think of things as we go along.


1 comment:

Eric and Cheryl said...

What great holiday pictures! I love the ones of the play. Our Christmas program was canceled due to snow, it was really sad. I missed having it! Where are you in the adoption process? I am glad to connect with people using the same agency. Are you having a good experience? We are waiting by the phone for that phone call to travel. We can't wait!

Blessing on your family in 2009!